90 Second Keto Bread – 2.7 Net Carbs!
This 90 second bread is made in the microwave and you can use almond flour or coconut flour. I also provide oven instructions. Use this to make a grilled cheese or low carb sandwich!
- 3 tbsp almond flour (or 1 1/3 tbsp coconut flour)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg (See notes on how to make this less “eggy”)
- tiny pinch of salt
add all ingredients to a 4×4 microwave safe bowl or a 4 inch ramekin, tap on the counter a few times to remove air bubbles, and microwave for 90 seconds. You can also bake in a oven safe container for 10 minutes at 375F
You can make this keto 90 second bread less eggy by using just an egg white as the egg yolk is where the eggy taste comes from.
TIPSFor 1 serving using almond flour: 315 calories / 29g fat / 4.7g carbs / 2g fiber / 11g protein
For 1 serving using coconut flour: 235 calories / 20g fat / 5.7 carbs / 3g fiber / 8g protein
For 1 serving using almond flour and an egg white: 265 calories / 25g fat / 5g carbs / 2g fiber / 8g protein
- NEW NUT FREE VERSION: if you are intolerant to almond flour you can use sunflower seed flour as a 1 for 1 swap with the almond flour.
- To make this less eggy tasting, use just an egg white as the egg yolk is where the eggy taste comes from.
- Tap the container on the counter a few times to remove any air bubbles before you cook it
- You could really use any nut flour that you want if you are allergic to almonds or coconut. For alternative nut flours like pecan four, you would use 3 tbsp. You use half the amount for coconut flour because it’s not really a nut and it is very absorbent!
- I found that a 4×4 microwave safe container made the perfect size piece of low carb bread that could be cut in half and use as a sandwich
- You could also use a round container that is 4 inches in diameter for a keto mug bread
- If you would rather bake this in the oven, you can use an oven safe container and bake at 375 for 10 minutes
- Toasting this 90 second bread makes it have a much better texture. you could also use a skillet to toast it in some butter. Yum!
NUTRITIONServing: 1recipe | Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.7g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Fiber: 3g